A quick and easy recipe for chocolate oat cookies – perfect for kids to make as there is no baking time involved.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (or any other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 cups oats
- Add the butter, sugar, milk, cocoa and salt to a medium sized pot and once the butter has melted, mix the ingredients together and then bring the ingredients to a boil for 1 minute (but no longer than that).
- Remove from the heat, stir in the peanut butter and vanilla essence and mix until well combined.
- Add the oats and stir until well coated with the chocolate sauce.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, drop the cookie mixture into cupcake cases or directly onto wax paper.
- Allow to cool for an hour or so *
* I pop mine in the fridge to speed the process up but you can easily leave them out to cool for 1-2 hours).