A delicious vegan coleslaw recipe complete with a creamy cashew nut dressing.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (red or green or a combination)
- 2 cups grated carrot
- ½ red onion, diced (for garnish)
- 2–3 spring onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 cup cashews – raw or salted, soaked in boiling hot water for 30–40 minutes or in cool water overnight)
- 1/ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons English mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon celery salt or plain salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing first – Soak the cashews for 30-40 minutes in boiling hot water or in cool water overnight. Drain well and then place in a blender, along with the other dressing ingredients and blend on high until all ingredients have turned into a creamy dressing. Add a little water if the dressing is too thick.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded cabbage and the grated carrot and pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- Top with diced red onion and slices of spring onions or edible flowers. Enjoy!