Delicious and easy vegan chocolate mousse that will have you asking for seconds. Only 3 ingredients plus pistachios and rose petals for decoration.
- 150g unsweetened chocolate (aim for as close to 100% cacao)*
- 1 ¾ cups almond milk
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- Handful of pistachios for decoration
- Rose petals for decoration
- Chop the chocolate finely and melt in a microwave or a double boiler **
- In a blender, add the almond milk and the dates and blend on high for a few minutes. Strain the milk to discard the large pieces of dates and then pour the milk back into the blender.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins – don’t fill completely as the mixture is rich! Place in the fridge to cool and the chocolate to harden.
- Serve with rose petals and a sprinkle of crushed pistachios or with fresh, seasonal fruit or both!
* I used a 99% Lindt bar which is suitable for vegans.
** I melted my chocolate in a mug in the microwave for 2 minutes on 800W and it was perfect, I just gave it a little stir to make it smooth. It would have even been perfect with 1 minute 45 seconds – it doesn’t take long at all.