I’m all for tiny ingredient lists and this vegan chocolate mousse recipe ticks that box! With only 3 ingredients plus another two for decorations (pistachios and rose petals), this recipe is all kinds of happiness. We’re blending Medjool dates (for sweetness), with 99% Lindt chocolate or 100% cacao (chocolate flavour) and almond milk for creaminess. So simple, quick, easy and delicious. We are not compromising flavour here at all!!
Just look at the creaminess of it! One ramekin per person is just the right portion. Serve with pistachios and rose petals or even some berries would be perfect.Print
Delicious and easy vegan chocolate mousse that will have you asking for seconds. Only 3 ingredients plus pistachios and rose petals for decoration.
- 150g unsweetened chocolate (aim for as close to 100% cacao)*
- 1 ¾ cups almond milk
- ¾ cup Medjool dates
- Handful of pistachios for decoration
- Rose petals for decoration
- Chop the chocolate finely and melt in a microwave or a double boiler **
- In a blender, add the almond milk and the dates and blend on high for a few minutes. Strain the milk to discard the large pieces of dates and then pour the milk back into the blender.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into individual ramekins – don’t fill completely as the mixture is rich! Place in the fridge to cool and the chocolate to harden.
- Serve with rose petals and a sprinkle of crushed pistachios or with fresh, seasonal fruit or both!
* I used a 99% Lindt bar which is suitable for vegans.
** I melted my chocolate in a mug in the microwave for 2 minutes on 800W and it was perfect, I just gave it a little stir to make it smooth. It would have even been perfect with 1 minute 45 seconds – it doesn’t take long at all.