A quick and easy vegan recipe, perfect for a weeknight meal. A delightful combination of flavours makes this dish a vegan favourite.
10 cherry tomatoes
2 red peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil (2 tablespoons for roasting the red peppers)
3 cloves garlic
¾ cup raw almonds
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 heaped cup sliced spinach
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
8 balls pappardelle pasta (or any other of your choice)
- Grill the red peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil until charred around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the water for the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente or according to package instructions.
- Add all the sauce ingredients (including the grilled red peppers) into a blender or food processor and blend on high until all ingredients are well combined.
- Now transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and over low-medium heat, allow the sauce to simmer gently.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot, drizzle with olive oil, add the chilli flakes and stir through the spinach. Add the sauce and toss to coat the pasta in the sauce. Serve immediately.