Super easy 5-ingredient Butternut Soup suitable for vegans. Gluten and Dairy Free!
- 2 medium Butternuts, peeled and chopped (about 1kg chopped)
- 2 onions, cut into quarters
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh Thyme (2 TBS dried), plus extra for garnishing
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Place the chopped butternut and onion on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, add a moderate amount of salt and pepper, sprinkle fresh Thyme (if you only have dried Thyme, rather add that after roasting as it might burn!). Toss together to make sure everything is coated in olive oil.
- Roast for 50 minutes at 180°C until soft, and slightly browned.
- Transfer roasted veggies into a large pot, add the vegetable stock and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste.