Simple homemade dessert with apples, biscuits, yoghurt and cream cheese and a few other ingredients in between. A perfect make ahead dessert to save you time when you need it!
- 2 large apples – skins off and cut into small squares
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar (brown or white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Â½ teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tin of mini apples (optional – for decoration)
Lemon Cream Cheese & Crumble Layer
- 1 tub of cream cheeseÂ – make sure its at room temperature.
- 80g of plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 8-10 Oat biscuits roughly crushed
- 1 peanut/macadamia/almond brittle bar crushed (again optional but it does look good)
Stewed Apples Layer:
- In a small-medium pot, add the apple pieces, butter, sugar, cinnamon, all spice and lemon juice and over low heat, allow the apples to stew for 10 minutes or so. Now remove the stewed apples and set aside, leaving the syrup in the pot.
- Drain the mini tinned apples and then place them in the warm leftover syrup in the pot. Leave them there for 5 minutes, on low heat, and make sure to coat them with the syrup so they get a beautiful color to them from the spices. Then, set aside to be used as a decoration for later.
Lemon Cream Cheese Layer:
- Mix the cream cheese, yoghurt, lemon juice and icing sugar together (with an electric beater).
- Now to start assembling and layering! Using a set of 4 pretty glasses, start with an oat biscuit layer, then lemon cream cheese, then stewed cubed apples and then lemon cream cheese again. Remember to divide the ingredients equally amongst 4 glasses.
- Finish off with the crushed nut brittle and a mini apple.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!