A delicious 5-ingredient pasta dish for lunch or dinner that is ready in 20 minutes. This Bacon and Basil pesto pasta is perfect for a last minute dinner idea or a hearty lunch!
- 2 cups pasta (I used Penne)
- 200g streaky bacon
- 3/4 cherry tomatoes. sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup creamy feta
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium-sized pot, boil the pasta in 2 1/2 cups water, until al dente (cooked but not soggy!) and then drain and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until crispy and then chop into small bits and set aside.
- Now using the same pan as you cooked the bacon in, add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and fry the tomatoes until soft and juicy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Now, assemble everything! Mix the pesto through the pasta, add the bacon bits, cherry tomatoes and top off with creamy feta. Tadaaa!
This recipe serves 2 people so increase the quantities to serve 4 or more.