A delicious candy treat, this salted macadamia nut brittle is delicious and comes together in less than 30 minutes!!!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup glucose syrup
- 1 cup chopped Macadamia Nuts (I make mine heaped! and I use raw nuts)
- 2 tablespoons butter (I make it heaped too!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Grease a rectangular cake / brownie tin – Don’t line it with wax paper as the brittle will stick to it. Just grease it.
- Get all your ingredients measured and ready as you will need to work quickly at the end of this recipe
- Over low heat, add the brown sugar, white sugar, salt, water and glucose syrup to a thick-bottomed sauce pan and allow ingredients to dissolve
- Bring the mixture to a boil and do not stir. The temperature needs to increase to 143°C (290°F) which will take 10-15 minutes. A candy thermometer will come in real handy right now. I use a digital thermometer which I bought on Amazon – its amazing.
- Once the mixture has reached 143°C, add the macadamia nuts in and stir to coat them.
- Continue to boil and once the mixture reaches 148°C (300°F), take it off the heat, and add the butter, baking soda and vanilla essence and stir in well.
- Pour into the greased cake tin and use two forks to spread the brittle out (otherwise it will be quite thick.)
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then break apart and enjoy or package in an airtight container for later.