An easy eggless chocolate mousse recipe that you can make in 30 minutes and contains only 4 ingredients. Decadent and delicious
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar (add more if you prefer a sweeter mousse, (perhaps another 1/8 cup)
- 5ml vanilla essence (optional)
- For decoration: Leftover whipped cream, strawberries, or chocolate shavings
- Bring 1 cup of cream to a bare simmer ie. don’t let it simmer – you really just want to heat up the cream.
- Pour the cream over the dark chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl, leave it for a minute and then mix until well combined. This is ganache! Place in the fridge and allow to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Beat up the remaining 2 cups of cream with the icing sugar until its rather stiff. It’s called “Stiff Peaks”.
- Combine the ganache mixture and the cream, and mix until smooth.
- Pour or pipe into ramekins or a serving dish of your choice. Decorate with cream and chocolate shavings or strawberries (whatever you like really!) and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- This recipe will serve 4-8 depending on the size of the serving dish – ramekins will serve 8 and mugs or glasses typically will serve 4-6.