Easy recipe for pastry pinwheels – these feature cheese and sundried tomato pesto but the possibilities are endless. Great food for entertaining or an afternoon snack.
- 400g ready filled puffy pastry
- 1/8 cup (30ml) sundried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup plain cream cheese (full or medium fat)
- 2 cups loosely packed grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp Basil (Dried) (or use freshly chopped)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sprinkle a clean surface with a little flour and roll out the puff pastry.
- Smear the cream cheese onto the pastry so that it reaches all the edges.
- Smear the tomato pesto on top of the cream cheese and add a little extra if you like
- Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese and a little dried basil (fresh would be next level!)
- Roll the pastry along the longest edge until completely rolled up.
- Slice into 1cm sections, which you can then place on a baking tray, lightly dusted with flour.
- Using a pastry brush, brush some egg on the outside of the pastries
- Cook for 25 minutes at 200Â°C and enjoy hot or cold!!