Let’s talk about this salad. We first met in a home industry shop. Unlikely place to meet the salad of your dreams, I know. And funnily enough it was just sitting out on the counter as though it were a piece of cake or something. It looked healthy and I was SO hungry and I thought it must be really fresh if they’re confident enough to leave it out the fridge. Best savoury decision I’ve ever made in a Home Industry shop.
Another thing I will say about this salad – it can be a whole meal in itself. And I’m tempted to say you could leave the Bacon out for meat-free Mondays but then I would be contradicting myself (refer to paragraph 2) and so I am not going to say that.
The last thing we need to talk about is the broccoli. Break it up into bite-sized morsels. No big Broccoli chunks in this salad. Noop.
Enjoy and tell me you love it too!! Want more broccoli recipes? Then try this easy broccoli salad with turmeric and paprika mayonnaise too!Print
- 4 cups broccoli, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 apple, peeled and grated,
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (optional)
- 125ml mayonnaise
- Mix it all the salad ingredients together.Â EatÂ and savour!