Classic Christmas sheet cake – get the recipe for this delicious fruit cake, with marzipan fondant icing and pretty holly decorations!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Â¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Â½ cup oil
- Â½ cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Â½ cup cherries (rinsed)
- Â½ cup dried cranberries
- Â½ cup raisins
- Â½ cup sultanas / fruit cake mix
- Â¾ cup pecan nuts / flaked almonds
- 2 eggs
- 250g marzipan
- 450g fondant
- 1 tablespoon Apricot Jam
- Preheat the oven to 150Â°C
- Beat the eggs for 1-2 minutes
- Add the oil, sugar, milk and sifted dry ingredients and mix well until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Now add the fruit and nuts and stir through until mixed evenly throughout the mixture.
- Bake in a brownie tin (sprayed with non-stick spray) for approx 60 minutes at 150Â°C.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, spread the jam over the top. Roll out a think sheet of Marzipan and place over the cake. Trim the edges.
- Now roll out fondant, slightly thicker than the marzipan layer, and place on top of the Marzipan. Trim the edges and decorate with edible decorations.