What could be warmer and cosier than making your own, homemade white hot chocolate – get this simple, delicious recipe now, and enjoy on a cold day with your nearest and dearest.
- 150g white chocolate, chopped (I used baking chocolate)
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 small candy canes
- Instant whipped cream
- Optional: 1 teaspoon peppermint essence
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, chocolate and vanilla essence. Turn to medium heat and bring the milk slowly to a simmer and then a gentle boil.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour into cups and top with instant whipped cream and crushed candy cane.
- For a peppermint twist, add 1/4 teaspoon peppermint essence to each cup.
- Enjoy with a blankie, huddled up to a cracking fire. oh Yes!!!