A moist and lemony loaf cake that is SO easy to make – from start to finish it takes 60 minutes. Includes fresh lemon juice and lemon zest for a true lemon flavour.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon (leave a little for decorating)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup plain full cream yoghurt (or buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup sunflower oil (or canola)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a loaf tin with butter or use non-stick spray.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- With an electric beater, mix for 2 minutes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the glaze, mix the icing sugar, butter and lemon juice together and mix until smooth and creamy. Ice the cake and drizzle with a little lemon zest.