Following on from last week’s Creamy Smoked Salmon, Lemon and Dill Pasta which was so easy to make because, well, you just add everything to the pasta and stir through, I thought let us continue the trend!
So…Tadaaaaa…..a 15 minute Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Sauce. It is a girlie dish I will admit. This means there is no meat included here. REJOICE all vegetarians! But WAIT! If you are not a vegetarian, you can always add ham or bacon, yes, you just add it. Just like that. Just put it in.
Also….feel free to use Fettucine…which traditionally goes with Alfredo sauce. I just like to mix it up a little so I used wholewheat spagehetti.
Once the pasta has cooked, you just toss it with the mushrooms, butter and garleeeec. I could eat it just like that and seriously, there is no reason why you can’t. You just stop right there, crack some salt and black pepper over it and add in some basil leaves. Or you can do the next step…see below….and add the parmesan and cream….
And then mix it up and add some salt and pepper and fresh basil leaves.
And then test it, right????
And then just test one more time hee heeee.
And then put it in a bowl and eat some more 🙂 and enjoy with or without ham. Amen.Print
Don’t you just love, and need, more delicious one pot wonder meals in your life? That taste amazing, and take 15 minutes start to finish? Me too! Here is the recipe for you! A 15 minute creamy mushroom alfredo!
- 200g spaghetti /pasta (I used Wholewheat)
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g mushrooms, sliced (I used Portobellini mushrooms – The small brown ones)
- 250ml cream
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 8 Basil Leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, until al dente. Drain the water and add the olive oil and mix through.
- Whilst the spaghetti is cooking, heat the butter in a medium-sized frying pan and add the garlic and mushrooms – fry until golden brown. You may need to cook half the mushrooms at a time if your pan is not big enough – you don’t want too many mushrooms in the pan at one time otherwise they will create too much liquid.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked, add the spaghetti to the pan and toss to mix with the butter, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the parmesan, cream and basil as well as a generous sprinkling of salt freshly ground black pepper. Mix through