Dainty, delightful, delicious blueberry cheesecake – THIS is the recipe you want for a smooth, satiny cheesecake texture and the prettiest, yummiest cake around!
- Base Ingredients
- 150g Butter, melted
- 24 tennis biscuits, crushed
- Filling Ingredients
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- Â½ cup icing sugar
- 2 cups cream (can be pouring/dessert/whipping cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cups blueberries (and a few extra for decorating)
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- Â½ teaspoon lemon juice (add a little extra if you prefer)
- Flowers & Frozen Blueberries for decorating
- Spray a 20cm pie dish with Spray and Cook
- Crush the biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Using your hands, press the mixture into the pie dish to form a base. Place in the freezer until youâ€™re ready to add the filling.
- To make the filling, place the Mascarpone Cheese and icing sugar in a blender and blend until smooth, making sure to scrape down the sides of the dish with a spatula.
- Add the cream and vanilla essence and blend until slightly thickened â€“ donâ€™t over mix as we want to be able to pour it out.
- Add the filling to the base and place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the sauce topping, place the blueberries and icing sugar in a juice/smoothie blender or use a stick blender and process the blueberries until it resembles a mixture that can be poured.
- Add the lemon juice and blend for another 15 seconds.
- Pour half the mixture over the top of the cheesecake and pour the other half in a small glass jug â€“ people can add extra sauce to their slice/s if need be.
- Decorate with edible flowers and a few frozen blueberries.