I’m not a breakfast person really. Tea and a rusk is a perfect start for me. I do like a warm breakfast though (subtract the eggs)…as in a warm breakfast cooked at a restaurant heh heh. In terms of cold breakfasts, Bircher’s Muesli is such a treat. My husband and I go to a local eatery where they occasionally serve Birchers Muesli but not often enough…hence the reason I decided to find a recipe for it and make it every single weekend! Yummy!
Traditionally, Birchers Muesli is supposed to soak overnight in apple juice, however, for some of us, waiting overnight is just too long! For this particular recipe I left mine overnight….I was highly impressed with myself for displaying such patience. Tis rare. So I will provide some options here. The short or long version.
Say hello to your new favourite breakfast recipe.
Delicious, and homemade Bircher’s Muesli recipe, with fresh fruit and flaked almonds – Delicious! You can learn how to do it the long, and the short way with this easy recipe!
- 2 cups rolled oats (raw)
- 1 cup (250ml) apple juice
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 1 cup full cream plain yoghurt
- Flaked almonds, fresh fruit and honey to serve
- Cover the oats with the apple juice, add the raisins, cover the bowl with cling wrap and allow to soak for one hour (short version) in the fridge or overnight (long version)
- Add the grated apple and plain yoghurt and mix through the oats.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey, flaked almonds and seasonal fruit.