Delicious, healthy fruit roll – make it yourself at home so you know exactly what goes into it. This recipe is easy and nutritious!
- 12 ripe plums
- 4 tablespoons castor sugar
- Cut 12 ripe plums in half and place on a baking tray. (no oil or butter is necessary).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200Â°C and then let them cool.
- Take the pips out and place the plums in a blender. Add 4 Tablespoons of castor sugar and blend well until a smooth, creamy consistency. Note: You can add more sugar if you feel like its not sweet enough.
- At this point you can strain the mixture to get rid of the lumpy/skin bits and create an ultra smooth fruit roll. I left the lumps in mine to add some texture but feel free to strain away.
- Spray the baking tray with a little cooking spray and then spread the mixture on the tray using the back of a spoon. It should be approximately half a centimeter in thickness. Now you’re ready to put it in the oven to dry out.
- Turn the oven to 70Â°C (if you have a thermofan, use that setting, alternately just use the standard convection), close the oven door and leave there for 10-12 hours to dry out.
- Voilaâ€¦you have fruit roll!!! Cut into slices whilst still warm. Keep in an airtight container or in the fridge.
The same recipe can be used with other fruit too. Try guavas, mangos, strawberries and pears.