We are moving house in 2 weeks time and my house is full of half-packed boxes and crates loaded with books and everywhere I look I see to-do lists that seem never-ending. They follow me everywhere.
It is quite exasperating, but this morning my colleague walked in with freshly baked carrot muffins and then she miraculously appeared with a cup of tea and placed it on my desk and I think she silently told me to take a deep breath too. Which I did. The tea was also sitting prettily in a pink floral cup, reminding me that today is the official start of spring and the emergence of new life….which is exactly how I feel, despite all the chaos. We are starting a new chapter in a new home and it could not have come at a more perfect time.
Plus, my mom is coming over this morning to help me organise and file what seems to be a mountain of documents spilling out of my concertina file. And only she can help with that – I never know whether to file by category or alphabetically? What if you forget the name of the company? What do you do? Anyway, my mom is very efficient and knows the best way to do these kinds of things (as only moms do). She also represents a little sanity in my life which I need this morning as well as another 10 cups of tea and carrot muffins.
And I need sanity to think of what to make for dinner. Yes, dinner – I almost forgot about the reason for this post. I need something effortless, something that doesn’t require much more than defrosting chicken, seasoning it and baking. But it still needs to be tasty, right? YES. We want…no we need effortless and tasty. Two very important criteria.
Enter The BEST chicken recipe everrrrrrr.
So this is what I am making tonight, it is a regular feature in our household, right up there with Beef Ragout, Roast Chicken and Spaghetti Bolognaise, it is Lemon and Parmesan Chicken, AKA The Best Chicken Recipe Everrrrrr – with loads of butter and a dash of cream. I’ve told all my friends about this recipe and I’m actually shaking my head right now that is has taken me so long to introduce this showstopper to you.
Really now. Haibo.
Find the easy recipe below and tell me I just made your Tuesday?!! *Raises eyebrows with smiley face*Print
For when you’ve only got 5 minutes prep time, but you still need a delicious chicken dinner! Here is your winner!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- Â¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Â¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- Â¼ teaspoon salt
- Â¼ teaspoon pepper
- Â¼ cup fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Lemon, sliced
- Â¼ cup cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C
- Flatten the chicken slightly using a mallet. (If you donâ€™t have a mallet, it just means the chicken breast will be a little thicker and taking slightly longer to cook)
- Mix the parmesan, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, spring onions, salt and pepper together, until well combined.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the mixture, place a slice of lemon on each piece and sprinkle fresh Dill over.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then grill for 5 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Take out of the oven, drizzle with the cream and serve with sides of your choice.