Super-light, delicious and nutritious! Lovely cajun-spiced chicken made even more yummy with lime mayo dressing. Can be enjoyed without the pita for a carb-free version, and there are loads of easy substitutions with this recipe too!
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Â½ teaspoon Paprika
- Â½ teaspoon Cayenne
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice of Â½ lime (keep other half for the dressing)
- 6 Pita Breads
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup coriander
- For the mayo dressing
- Â½ cup Mayonnaise
- Â¾ cup crÃ¨me fraiche (sour cream)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of Â½ lime
- Season the chicken breasts with the Paprika, Cayenne, Salt and Pepper ie. All the spices
- Heat the Olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the chicken breasts for a 4-5 minutes on high (to brown them).
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the chicken.
- Turn down the heat down to medium and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, shred the cabbage.
- Now, prepare the Lime Mayo Dressing â€“ in a bowl, place the mayonnaise, crÃ¨me fraiche (sour cream), lime zest and juice. Mix together well. Spread the dressing on the inside of the pitas.
- Slice the chicken and mix with the cabbage and coriander â€“ place in the pitas. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.