A mouthwatering feast of veggies and Thai-inspired flavours, with egg noodles. Ideal for a veggie option, but meat can be added too for this absolute winner of a dish!
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 spring onions, chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- Â½ cup Chicken stock (I dissolved 1 stock pot in 500ml and then used Â½ cup from that)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the Noodles:
- 300g cooked noodles (I used the pre-cooked egg noodles from Woolies)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Â½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Limes for serving
Coriander to garnish
Optional: Shredded chicken for a non-vegetarian option
- Make the sauce first. Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the spring onions and ginger â€“ fry for 2-3 minutes. Add in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, sugar, chilli paste, fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes so that the sauce can reduce and thicken slightly. Set the sauce aside.
- Now prep the veggies. In a large saucepan or wok, fry the onion in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes. Now add the asparagus and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and fry until the broccoli is bright green but still firm.
- Add shredded chicken at this point if you would like a non-vegetarian option.
- Add the noodles and sauce to the pan and toss around until everything is just combined.
- Place in bowls and garnish with the purple cabbage, sesame seeds and coriander. Serve with a slice of lime.