Nothing beats this traditional, buttery biscuit when it melts in your mouth with every bite that you take! It is a classic!
You can purchase the Christmas gift labels from our shop, SunshineParties, HERE
Delicious, melt-in-the-mouth homemade shortbread recipe.
- 225g corn flour (8 oz)
- 225g flour (8 oz)
- 110g castor sugar (4 oz)
- 250g soft butter (9 oz)
- Sift the corn flour and flour together. Add the castor sugar.
- Rub butter into the dry ingredients and knead until a stiff dough is formed.
- Press dough into a 20 x 30cm baking tray.
- Mark the slices lightly and prick with a fork.
- Bake at 160Â°c (320Â°f) for 1 hour.
- Allow the shortbread to cool in the baking pan before turning out.
- Drench the shortbread with additional castor sugar.