This delicious Biscotti recipe is very easy to make and a lovely tea time treat. Give it as a gift or share it with friends and family. Another goodie for this Christmas! You can purchase the giftálabels from our SunshineParties shop HERE
A delicious tea time treat or homemade food gift.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g whole nuts (almonds or hazelnuts) (4 oz.)
- 100g milk chocolate (4 oz.)
- Pre-heat oven to 180┬░c (350┬░f) and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat together eggs & vanilla essence till light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add nuts. Mix well together till you have a manageable dough. Knead lightly on a floured surface.
- Divide into 2 and roll into log shapes about 5cm wide.
- Place on a tray spaced well apart as they expand when cooking.
- Bake at 180┬░c (350┬░f) until firm & golden (approx. 25 minutes).
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 100┬░c (220┬░f).
- Cut diagonally into slices (approx. 1cm).
- Return slices to tray and place in oven until crisp, turning once. Approx. 20 minutes.
- Allow biscotti to cool, then melt 4oz. Of milk chocolate and dip corners of biscotti in chocolate and lay on a sheet of grease proof paper to set.