Delicious Basil pesto recipe for your pastas or on delicious, crusty bread. Or as an amazing homemade food gift.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a several times.
- Add the garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse several more times.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil.
- Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place into bottles and refrigerate.