When I think Basil Pesto, I think hot, lazy summer days, glasses of wine with friends, crusty bread and pasta salads! This easy recipe is the perfect addition to days like these. If you would like to make a batch and give it away as a foodie or Christmas gift, you can purchase the gift labels from our SunshineParties shop HERE.Print
Delicious Basil pesto recipe for your pastas or on delicious, crusty bread. Or as an amazing homemade food gift.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse a several times.
- Add the garlic and parmesan cheese and pulse several more times.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil.
- Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place into bottles and refrigerate.