Need a quick hostess gift for a Christmas Party? Well this banana bread is not only delicious but it is easy and dare I say nutritious too – it has banana in it and you can add grated carrot or apple too, which I highly recommend! The recipe is yours to keep but if you’d like the labels, you can purchase them online in my SunshineParties Etsy shop here – you just need an Etsy account (free to open) and a PayPal account (also free to open – you just need a credit card).
Delicious banana bread, for every day or for a homemade gift.
- 125g butter or margarine (4 oz.)
- 1 cup castor sugar (white or brown sugar is okay though)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180Â°c (350Â°f).
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time and beat well..
- Add bananas and vanilla and fold in dry ingredients.
- Bake in a greased loaf tin for 45 minutes.
- Glaze (optional):
- Mix 3 teaspoons icing sugar with 1 teaspoon water (add more icing sugar if it is too watery)
- Drizzle over banana bread to give it that extra touch.