After a heavy meal, sometimes you just want a light dessert – something not too sweet or rich but something just to finish everything off. Well this is it people!! A fantabulous summer dessert that is so easy to prepare and has only 5 ingredients! Also there are so many variations to this recipe, you could use strawberry jelly instead of lemon, even raspberry or orange. Also, you can make this recipe the day before should you need to. So here we go!
Lemon desserts are the best – that lovely element of tart flavour makes them perfectly light and an ideal ‘finishing off’ to your meal.
- 2 packets of Lemon Jelly
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 175ml plain yoghurt (full cream or low-fat)
- 175ml cream (use the yoghurt tub to measure the cream :)Â )
- Zest of 1 lemon and one lemon to cut and decorate the glasses
- Empty the jelly powder into a bowl
- Pour in the boiling water and stir until all the granules have dissolved â€“ now place in the fridge and allow to cool.
- In another bowl, beat the cream until light and fluffy, add the yoghurt and the zest of half a lemon (you will use the zest of the other half of the lemon when we weâ€™re ready to serve it.)
- Now add the cooled jelly solution to the cream and yoghurt mixture and mix until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into cocktail glasses or whatever serving dish you wish â€“ I just prefer a small glass because itâ€™s meant to be a small, light dessert.
- Place in the fridge to set. This should take 1-2 hours.
- Serve with a slice of lemon on the side of the glass and sprinkle lemon zest from the other half of the lemon. Enjoy!