A chef taught combination that is prepared in one pot and combines flavours in a surprisingly delicious way!
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 6 Pork Sausages
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 Â½ cups rice
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried chillies (you can add fresh chilli if you prefer)
- Â½ teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoonÂ fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Â½ chicken stock cubes dissolved in 3 cups of water
- Cut the chicken breasts into thirds (ie. nice chunky pieces) and cut the sausages into thirds as well.
- In a large pot, heat up the olive oil and brown the chicken and sausages for a few minutes, together with the garlic. Then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fry the onion and the pepper until soft.
- Now add the chicken and sausages back to the pot, as well as the tin of chopped tomatoes, the thyme, crushed chillies, rice and the chicken stock.
- Give it a gentle stir.
- Turn the temperature up and bring the water to a boil. Allow to boil for approximately 30-45 min until the rice is cooked and the liquid has reduced.
- Serve with a basic green salad.