Take Nutella and Banana Bread Batter, mix them together and voila! You get heaven in a loaf. When I made this, my kids and hubby polished it off within 48 hours. Actually, no, it was less than that! And then my hubby insisted I not make it again, for it was far too wickedly delicious. So this is a keeper guys. If you’re looking for plain banana bread, then you can get my tasty traditional recipe here.
Combine two totally delicious things together, and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts! Banana bread and nutella, mmmmm……
- 2 cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (equivalent to about 3 medium-large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 180C and spray or grease a rectangular loaf tin with Spray&Cook or butter
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, milk and bananas (ie. everything except the Nutella). Mix in an electric mixer for +-2 minutes on medium to high speed.
- Place the Nutella in a separate microwaveable bowl, and heat in the microwave for +- 15 seconds.
- Now, take 1 cup of the banana bread batter and add it to the softened Nutella and mix until well combined.
- Alternating, place a Â¼ cup NUtella batter in the loaf tin and then Â½ cup plain batter and then Â½ cup Nutella and then Â½ cup plain batter and so on until the batter is all in the tin.
- Using a knife or the back of a spoon, gently make swirls in the batter to make fun patterns youâ€™ll see when the cake is cut.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (I cooked mine for exactly 63 minutes and it was perfect but remember ovens vary).
- Cool for approximately 20 minutes in the pan before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool down properly. Enjoy!