Yummy Yummy Yummy! My go-to recipe for this winter without a doubt. And, what’s even better it’s low in fat, nutritious (yes even with the beer) and it takes about 15 minutes to prepare. How about that!
A delightful go-to Winter warmer! Enjoy
- 6 Chicken Fillets
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet of bacon, cut into squares
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into +- 3cm segments
- Â¾ cup Guinness beer (Use any other beer you have, I made mine with Guiness)
- 1 tablespoon Thyme (fresh or dried, whatever you have!)
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C
- Peel the carrots, cut into +-3cm segments and par cook these by steaming them in a steamer for a few minutes or in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the chicken and garlic and brown quickly â€“ this should take 1-2 minutes max with the heat on medium to medium-high. We are not trying to cook the chicken through here, just brown the sides.
- Now place the chicken, garlic, onions, carrots, bacon and tomatoes in a roasting dish. Scatter over the thyme and pour the Guinness into the dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with mashed potato.