You’ll have to put the diet aside for this one guys. Just for one day. It’s fluffy, it’s light and best of all it tastes like Nutella..which is a chocolate-hazelnut spread for the uninitiated! This recipe is just for the icing (frosting). I cheated and used Moirs’ Cake Mix for the cupcakes but if you want to make cupcakes from scratch as well, use this vanilla recipe or this chocolate cupcake recipe. Remember that if the consistency is too thick, just add some more cream and if it’s too thin, just add more Nutella or icing sugar. Makes enough to ice one cake or 12-15 cupcakes.
Source: Adapted from Kitchen Treaty
A light, fluffy icing made with Nutella chocolate spread! For out-of-this-world cupcakes!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 cup nutella (or any other choc-hazelnut spread)
- Â¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth and creamy. I used my Kitchen Aid on low-medium speed.
- Now add the Nutella and beat for two minutes on medium
- Add the vanilla extract and salt and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Lastly, add the cream and beat for about one minute. The icing should look light, fluffy and ready to devour!