This is something you have to try if you want a sweet treat that is gorgeous to look at (totally Pinterest worthy) and has an interesting (and delectable) mix of flavours!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 100g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 35g freeze-dried blueberries ( see notes above if you can’t get these)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180Â°C and place cupcake liners in a cupcakeÂ / muffin tin
- Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and creamy and then add the eggs and beat well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, except the poppy seeds, and mix together.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix together until well combined.
- Stir in the poppy seeds and grated lemon zest
- Distribute the batter between the cupcake liners and place in the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- To make the icing, place the freeze-dried blueberries into a blender and blend until a fine powder forms. Set aside.
- Mix together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Now add the icing sugar and powdered blueberries and mix together until well combined.
- Ice the muffins / cupcakes with an piping bag or by spreading the icing over with a knife. Enjoy!