There’s nothing quite like baking your own bread – especially with delicioous pesto flavours!
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon instant dried yeast (one satchet)
- 300ml Lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 10ml salt
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 cup Creamy/Danish Feta
- (or you can just use a tub of Woolies pre-packaged basil pesto, sundried tomato pesto and cream cheese feta)
- Preheat oven to 180Â°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake flour, dried yeast, water, oil and salt together until it forms a smooth dough. Start out with a wooden spoon and then transfer the dough to a floured surface. Knead the dough for +- 8 minutes. Use the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. If you are using a mixer, mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place in a greased bag ( I put Spray & Cook in a plastic bag) and tie a knot in the bag.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes until it has increased in size (it may even double in size).
- Now roll out the dough to whatever size you want, and spread the pesto all over.
- Roll up the dough, fold the ends under and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown at 180Â°C.