A quick and easy pesto bread recipe that will have all your friends calling you Martha! The recipe calls for pesto and I use the Cream cheese feta, basil and sundried tomato pre-packaged pesto from Woolies. You can however use whatever pestos you like and if you prefer, you can even just stick to one type of pesto ie. Basil.
There’s nothing quite like baking your own bread – especially with delicioous pesto flavours!
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon instant dried yeast (one satchet)
- 300ml Lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 10ml salt
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1/4 cup Creamy/Danish Feta
- (or you can just use a tub of Woolies pre-packaged basil pesto, sundried tomato pesto and cream cheese feta)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake flour, dried yeast, water, oil and salt together until it forms a smooth dough. Start out with a wooden spoon and then transfer the dough to a floured surface. Knead the dough for +- 8 minutes. Use the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself. If you are using a mixer, mix for 4-5 minutes.
- Add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Place in a greased bag ( I put Spray & Cook in a plastic bag) and tie a knot in the bag.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes until it has increased in size (it may even double in size).
- Now roll out the dough to whatever size you want, and spread the pesto all over.
- Roll up the dough, fold the ends under and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown at 180°C.