Nourishing and warming, especially with a cuppa tea or coffee!
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 500ml Buttermilk
- 500g Butter, melted
- 2 cups Nutty Wheat Flour
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 4 cups muesli (I used Alpen Muesli with no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the buttermilk and melted butter to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Now add the muesli, seeds and raisins and mix again to distribute well.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish with deep sides (about 5cm) and cook for +-45 minutes at 180Â°C
- Allow the rusks to cool and then cut into desired size.
- Dry rusks out for about 10-12 hours in the oven overnight – put the oven onto 100Â°C and leave the door open slightly.