This carrot cake recipe is not only easy but produces a very moist carrot cake that makes it an absolute winner. I made it in two round cake pans but I’m sure you could use it for carrot cake muffins as well! So here you go, the perfect recipe to make carrot cake from scratch.
The most perfect, moist and delicious classic carrot cake recipe with cream cheese icing.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Icing
- 500g cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100g butter softened
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Grease two round baking tins or one 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda and baking powder into the bowl. Add the cinnamon and salt and beat together.
- Stir in the carrots, raisins and pecan nuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan/s
- bake at 175°C for 40-50 minutes (inserting a toothpick into the centre of the cake must come out clean)
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a wire cooling rack. Allow it to cool completely before icing.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Ice the cooled cake and decorate with whole pecan nuts and dust with cinnamon.