Delicious, economical homemade Christmas mince pie treats – you HAVE to try this recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 120g butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Grated zest (1 tablespoon) and juice of 1 orange (1/3 cup)
- 1 jar Safari fruit mincemeat (454g)
- Icing sugar for dusting.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the butter and rub into the flour until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, grated zest and orange juice and mix together until the dough comes together. Knead the dough into a ball and cover with cling wrap.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When youâ€™re ready to roll the dough, set the oven to 180C and spray a muffin tin with Spray and Cook. The muffin/cupcake tin should be a shallow tin. The deep ones will work but probably not as well.
- Roll out the dough to about 2mm in thickness and with a round cookie cutter, cut the bases out of the dough and place them in the tin, gently pressing the bases down.
- Place a tablespoon of fruit mince in each casing.
- Now cut out the tops of the mince pies â€“ the dough can be a little thinner for this. I used a star shape but you can use a round shape as well. Place on top of the fillings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry has browned nicely.
- Cool in the muffin pan before removing.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!