A South African braai just wouldn’t be the same without a creamy potato bake! Follow this tried and tested recipe and feel free to add other ingredients such as mushrooms, ham, bacon or corn.Print
The great outdoor braai would never be the same without a helping of creamy potato bake!
- 8-9 medium potatoes
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- 200ml cream
- Â½ onion, finely sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel the potatoes and slice into thin discs
- In a rectangular, oven-proof dish (about the size of an A4 piece of paper), place a layer of potato slices and then a few slices of onion on top. Add salt and pepper.
- Create as many layers as possible.
- Pour the cream over the potatoes.
- Cook at 180Â°C for 1 Â½ – 2 hours
- Just before serving, sprinkle the cheese over and grill until golden brown.