A combination of delicious flavours with sweet potato, honey, cinnamon, bacon and creme fraiche!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 60ml (Â¼ cup) cake flour
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cloves
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- oil, for frying
- 6 slices of bacon, fried
- 125ml (Â½ cup) crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 60ml (Â¼ cup) honey
- Wrap the potatoes in a kitchen cloth, squeeze out as much liquid as possible and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, flour and spices.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and carefully place 30ml (2 tbsp) of potato mixture at a time into the hot oil. Flatten the fritters with a fork and fry for about 2 minutes. Flip over and fry for a furtherÂ minute. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towel.
- Serve the fritters hot, topped with bacon and crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and drizzled with honey.