There are a number of different brownie recipes available, and some are more complicated than others. Get the kids into the kitchen and use this easy recipe to keep them occupied for a good hour – making Chocolate Brownie Squares for the whole family to enjoy.
Decadent chocolate brownie recipe for the whole family to make and enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 125g margarine
- Â½ cup oil
- Â¼ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Â½ tsp salt
- Â½ tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pecan nuts, finely choppedInstructions
- Melt and blend the water, margarine, oil and cocoa in the microwave.
- Add the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk together.
- Add the bicarb, vanilla essence and eggs.
- Beat with an electric beater for about three minutes.
- Add the chopped nuts and mix throughout.
- Pour into a greased Swiss roll pan and cook for 20-30 minutes at 180Â°C.
- To make the icing melt 62.5 g margarine, 2 tablespoons cocoa and 2 Â½ tablespoons milk in the microwave, then add 2 Â½ cups icing sugar. More milk may be needed if icing is not runny enough. Cut the cake when cold, after spreading icing when hot.