A super impressive and delicious cake for when guests pop round! Traditional tiramisu dessert flavours in a delicious cake!
- 1 package moist, white cake mix
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1/4 cup coffee
- 1 tbsp coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee-flavoured liqueurDecorate
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 slab semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Preheat oven to 175Â°C. Grease and flour three 22cm pans.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Divide the cake mixture into three equal parts. Stir instant coffee powder into one part and then pour each mixture into a cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a measuring cup, combine brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur; set aside to be used later.
- To make the filling: in a small bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, combine mascarpone, icing sugar and coffee-flavoured liqueur; beat just until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To make the icing: in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed, beat the cream, icing sugar and coffee-flavoured liqueur until stiff. Now, fold 1/2 cup of cream/icing mixture into the filling mixture.
- To assemble the cake, place one plain cake layer on a serving plate. Using a thin skewer, poke holes in the cake – about 2.5cm apart. Pour one third of the reserved coffee mixture over the cake and then spread with half of the filling mixture. Top with a coffee-flavoured cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour another third of the coffee mixture over the second layer and spread with the remaining filling. Top with remaining cake layer; poke holes in cake. Pour remaining coffee mixture on top.
- Spread sides and top of cake with icing/cream mixture.
- Place cocoa in a sieve and lightly dust top of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To make the chocolate curls, use a vegetable peeler and run it down the edge of the chocolate bar.