Spaghetti Bolognaise is a huge hit among both young and old. Follow this easy recipe to make the traditional Italian meat sauce the proper way, and serve with spaghetti, grated parmesan cheese and perhaps a slice or two of garlic bread.Print
The Italian classic – learn how to make it the authentic way!
- 30g butter
- 1 big onion, skinned and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, scrubbed and chopped
- 500g minced beef, raw
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 250ml tomato puree
- 550ml beef stock
- 5ml basil
- salt, pepper
- 500g spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, grates
- Make the sauce first.
- Fry the onion, carrot and celery until lightly browned.
- Add the beef and brown lightly.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato puree and basil and allow to simmer for a few minutes before adding the stock, salt and pepper
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the meat is tender and the liquid in the sauce is well reduced.
- Re-season if necessary.
- Sprinkle shaved/grates parmesan on top and serve.