This easy recipe will allow you to rustle up a delicious potato salad, American style, in no time at all. Often served with hot dogs, fried chicken, barbecued meat or hamburgers, a potato salad is just as delicious hot as it is cold.
A wonderful potato salad – delicious hot or cold and a hit at the barbeque.
- 5 cups cooked diced potatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- Combine potatoes, cucumber, celery, onion, salt, celery salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard.
- Chop up the egg whites and add to the potatoes mixture.
- Chop up the egg yolks and stir into the sour cream mixture.
- Half an hour before serving you can combine all ingredients together
- Place into a serving bowl and serve.