Spain’s most famous dish is a yummy concoction of rice, vegetables, beans, seafood and spices such as saffron. This easy seafood paella recipe will allow even the most inexperienced chef to produce an exciting and mouth-watering dinner.Print
The delighfully tasty Spanish dish that will earn you many food fans!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red or orange pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 tsp saffron
- 350g long-grain rice
- 1kg mixed seafood (fish, prawns, calamari and mussels)
- 2–3 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- fresh limes or lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, green and red peppers and carrots, and fry over a low heat for two minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes and saffron and fry for three minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well to make sure the rice is well coated.
- Add about 800ml water or seafood stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add seafood, coriander and sugar snap peas and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for a further 10 -15 minutes.
- Add a little water if it gets too dry.
- The dish is ready once the mussels open and the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, coriander and lemon wedges.