A baked dish with an egg-based filling in a pastry crust, the quiche is a classic part of delectable French cuisine. By following this easy recipe you will be able to produce a delightful and appealing quiche in no time at all.Print
A classic and delicious quiche, super easy to make!
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 2 to 3 tbsp ice-cold water
- 8 strips lean bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/4 tsp dried leaf thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Preparing the crust for quiche:
- Mix the flour and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and blend until there is a course crumb consistancy.
- Add water until the crumb mixure comes together to form dough.
- Store the dough in plastic wrap in the fridge until you are ready to use it or at least for half an hour.
- Lightly flour your work surface.
- Roll the dough until you have a 30cm diameter circle.
- Fit the dough into a pie dish slightly smaller than the 30cm diameter.
- Trim the edges.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Line the dough with tin foil.
- Bake the crust for 10 min at 190Â°C.
Preparing the filling for quiche:
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, milk, thyme and pepper.
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 190Â°C.