An avocado-based dip with its roots in Mexico, guacamole is the perfect companion for nachos – along with sour cream and salsa. Make a scrumptious and very popular dip by following this easy step-by-step recipe.
Delicious, creamy avocado guacamole is a delicious dip, spread or nachos accompaniment!
- 2 ripe avocados
- Â½ red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 chillis, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Â½ tsp coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Â½ ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- Cut avocados in half.
- Remove seed.
- Scoop out the avocado from the shell.
- Place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add the chopped onion, coriander, lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- Add chili to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness.
- Just before serving, mix the chopped tomato to the guacamole.