A curry is often better the day after it’s made, or even frozen and reheated when ready to eat. Follow this easy recipe and make a delicious beef or lamb curry – popular comfort food on a cold winter’s day.Print
A curry is a delicious and aromatic way to warm up on a cold Winter’s evening!
- 750g lamb or beef
- 2 onions
- 1 inch fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 potatoes
- oil for frying
- 1 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Trim fat off meat then cut in cubes. Slice onions, finely mince ginger and garlic, chop tomatoes and quarter potatoes if large.
- Heat oil in saucepan and fry onions till golden brown.
- Add the minced ginger and garlic together with dry spices. Fry for 10 minutes and add meat. Cook until brown and dry.
- Add tomatoes to meat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and cook till potatoes are done.