The most classic, fail-safe, delicious flapjacks recipe. You’ll make this one again and again!
- 500ml flour
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 Â½ tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 250ml milk
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the sugar.
- Add half of the milk and the melted butter to the egg mixture.
- Stir well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the egg mixture.
- Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth mixture.
- If all ingredients are well mixed then don’t stir anymore.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into a greased heavy bottom frying pan or into a â€œgriddleâ€.
- Turn once the top is full of air bubbles (bottom should be golden brown) and bake on the other side.
- Serve with butter and syrup, honey or jam.