The ultimate party food, chocolate cupcakes are simple to make and popular treats among chocoholics especially. Follow this easy step-by-step recipe to make the most delicious and moist chocolate cupcakes in the world!
A delicious and classic chocolate cupcake recipe, it never fails, and never fails to please!
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line cupcake trays with cupcake liners.
- Sift cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Add the egg, water, buttermilk, oil and vanilla extract and mix with an electric beater for +/- 3 minutes.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop mixture into prepared cupcake trays.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. To test if ready, prick cupcake with a toothpick and if it comes out clean with no mixture on, then the cupcakes are ready.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before icing.